While on the surface we care about tracking time and controlling budgets, we often have a discussion about software responsiveness in our product teams. Not surprisingly the business demands more features and integrations to satisfy clients, while the technical team pushes back and puts a sizable chunk of their productive time in platform optimizations. Although information the talks are in no way an easy negotiation there is healthy understanding about the arguments of both sides. Such attitude to balance needs of both parties is quite rare in tech and goes back to the time when the idea about Cronforce came out. The founding team has long been frustrated with the industry leader solutions that were cluttered and oh.. so slow. Plugging your hours for a day was characterized by a loading screen, unintuitive user interface and tons of overlays to enable all features not initially part of the system concept.
Gosh, this was a pain. Not surprisingly, dropping such a software was a relief for everybody. We are confident that the era of top 5 players locking in businesses for eternity is coming to an end with switching costs diminishing and technological advance of new generation software making incumbent solutions look totally outdated.
In fact the first Cronforce version was targeted at just doing what a small number of clients need but the next versions while being extended never dropped our believe that the system should stay simple, fast and clutter-free.
True to our vision, we are happy to announce the release of our improved user interface and performance-optimized architecture. It gives the client an almost instant response when accessing pages and tracking time, vacations and budgets. There is no need for any action from our existing clients and please rest assured that your data is safe and backed up daily.
Cronforce is free to test and use (check our free and paid plans). Feel free to contact us any time with questions – just write us a comment to this post or send us an email.
Cronforce is a leading provider of cloud-based Business Execution Software, and delivers time tracking, vacations management, budget controlling and workforce planning solutions for organizations of all sizes. A one of a kind fusion of dashboards and business tools it provides you and your clients with real-time overview and reports on business and project developments. Cronforce facilitates day-to-day business and enables managers to make data-driven decisions and increase efficiency. With Cronforce you can access your data easily, anywhere and any time!
The Cronforce.com Team
Many companies employ timesheets for quite some years and the Cronforce team has also used such for quite some time in the past. One thing we all agree is Cialis Canada generic tablets for the best potency of men after 60. they took us way too much productive time and we always filled them with an air of dislike. This is why we do what we do – namely reinvent Time Tracking. Our believe is that “Time is money” and if you track it it should be done as unobtrusive as possible, preferably auto-magic. As for the ones that question the need for timesheets in general, time needs to be tracked for these reasons:
- Billing – every service oriented business has to invoice its services and they are normally billed by the employee time spent. And guess what – this is done with the help of time sheets. You can use paper form, web page or mobile app for that but in the end it is a time sheet that you fill in.
- Budgeting – every manager knows that feeling when the budget for next year is due. Believe it or not big chunk of the budget is forecasted and this data can easily come from your timesheet software.
- Accountability – time sheets are a great way to evaluate performance of people, under one assumption – time keeping is done and evaluated properly.
- Centralization – timesheet software allows to stay away from paper forms and save all data in one location thus enabling you to make in-depth analysis and track company utilisation KPIs.
Cronforce enables you to cover all mentioned areas through functionality such as time and attendance sheets, scheduling, absence management and time utilisation analytics. Our main goal when designing this software was to make it:
- Suitable for all – be it freelancers, small or big enterprises
- Customisable e.g. flexible approval workflow, custom project types, easily maintainable job titles
- Accessible so that you can extract all you data and use the way you want
- Affordable for all – our pricing is aligned with the size and needs of companies
- Visual – display your data in a clear understandable way
- Integrated with
- Accounting systems – where timesheet data is directly fed into company accounts
- Billing systems – used to generate invoices, especially valuable for contractors and professionals such as lawyers
- Project management systems – timesheet data is used in project management tools to display the effort being spent on projects or tasks.
- Payroll system – timesheet data is used in payroll software to pay employees based on time spent.
- Email providers e.g. MS-Outlook where Outlook appointments have of the information needed to make a timesheet entry, an Outlook Timesheet allows users to convert appointments to time sheets.
- Resource scheduling – integration allows schedulers to schedule staff on jobs, which once complete can be approved and turned into a timesheet.
If you feel this article was helpful please feel free to leave a comment and expect soon our next article on how to make enterprises more open and efficient.