Throughout the years we have had tons of interactions with clients. Under the motto “Even the best fall down sometimes” I believe we have made all mistakes possible which is of course the motivation behind building Cronforce. So here is our top 10 list, enjoy!
- Not submitting and approving timesheet on time annoys project managers, accountants and not surprisingly the top management.
- Writing non descriptive or misleading comments in your timesheet seriously upsets your company accountant when a client refuses to pay using the comments as justification.
- Booking time on the wrong project – definitely pisses off at least one of your clients and tends to explode in few months time when nobody expects.
- Taking vacations without considering the vacations of the team – often leads to team members with overlapping competencies gone at the same time in the most critical phase of a project.
- Failing to consider vacations in your resource planning – undoubtedly leads to missed deadlines and unhappy clients.
- Not accounting for vital resources for the completion of your project – can actually endanger your project as whole
- Running over-budget – this probably upsets clients the most.
- Running under-budget – at first looks like a sweet deal for the client but actually any planned but unused budget leads to a reduction of their funds in the following year.
- Plugging too low or too high rate for your employees – you may well end up working at loss, for free or for the last time with this client.
- Billing one resource with different roles and rates to the same client – oh, that can easily spoil your complete client relationship as it is offer seen as a way to overcharge for services.
If we missed some feel free to tell your story in our comments!
The Cronforce.com Team